Host University Recommendation Scholarships
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGS Program)
Applications for 2017 Admissions are now being accepted. The application period is from: January 17 - February 17, 2017.
1. Eligibility Requirements
To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the "Universities in Japan with English-Language Program," an applicant must:
- Meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship as determined by Ritsumeikan University and listed on the JJ/WBGSP Application Guidelines below.
- Meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship as established by the World Bank and listed on the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website. *For updated information, please contact the World Bank directly.
2. Scholarship Details
Please refer to the Scholarship Benefits page on the JJ/WBGS Program website.
In order to apply for Ritsumeikan University JJ/WBGSP admissions, you must complete an application to Ritsumeikan University according to the guidelines, using the application forms found below. Please read through the documents carefully before completing your application.
At the same time, in order to apply for a Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program scholarship, you must apply to the World Bank directly. For information, please see the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website.
*Applications for Ritsumeikan admissions and World Bank scholarship are separate. Those interested in applying must complete both.
Ritsumeikan University Application Procedures
- JJ/WBGSP Ritsumeikan University Application Guidelines
- JJ/WBGSP Ritsumeikan University Application Forms - Please fill in forms in electronic format before printing.
Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program Application Procedures
- Refer to the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website and complete an application using their online system.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Details
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia
- China Scholarship Council
- Special Encouragement Scholarship Admission