Host University Recommendation Scholarships
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGS Program)
Application forms are no longer being accepted at this time.
Students who have already received a Letter of Acceptance from Ritsumeikan University and who have completed their online application with the World Bank
- Please be sure to respond to any emails sent directly to you from the World Bank in a timely manner.
- If you are selected for scholarship, the World Bank will directly contact you, only. They will not notify Ritsumeikan University of your selection. Therefore, if you receive an email notice of scholarship selection, please forward the message to the Ritsumeikan University BKC International Center at email@example.com to inform the university of your selection for scholarship award.
- If you have not received any notification from the World Bank by August 1st, please email the Ritsumeikan University BKC International Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform the university that you have not been contacted.
Further detailed instructions will be provided individually to applicants once they have contacted the BKC International Center as mentioned above.
*For Reference only: The information below is from the 2016 application cycle, and will be updated for the 2017 application cycle at a later date.
1. Eligibility Requirements
To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the "Universities in Japan with English-Language Program," an applicant must:
- Meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship as determined by Ritsumeikan University and listed on the JJ/WBGSP Application Guidelines below.
- Meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship as established by the World Bank and listed on the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website. *For updated information, please contact the World Bank directly.
2. Scholarship Details
Please refer to the Scholarship Benefits page on the JJ/WBGS Program website.
In order to apply for Ritsumeikan University JJ/WBGSP admissions, you must complete an application to Ritsumeikan University according to the guidelines, and using the application forms, found below. Please read through the documents carefully before completing your application.
At the same time, in order to apply for a Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program scholarship, you must apply to the World Bank directly. For information, please see the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website.*Applications for Ritsumeikan admissions and World Bank scholarship are separate. Those interested in applying must complete one of each.
Ritsumeikan University Application Procedures
- JJ/WBGSP Ritsumeikan University Application Guidelines
- JJ/WBGSP Ritsumeikan University Application Forms - Please fill in forms in electronic format before printing.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Details
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia
- China Scholarship Council
- Special Encouragement Scholarship Admission