Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGS Program)
ATTENTION: September 2018 admissions procedures via this scholarship have ended. Those interested in applying via these procedures for September 2019 enrollment should keep a close eye on this homepage in December 2018 in order to catch the update regarding the next application cycle in a timely manner.
The following is for reference only.
Below are instructions for prospective applicants interested in applying for admissions to certain Ritsumeikan University Master’s programs who also intend to apply separately to the World Bank for their JJ/WBGSP scholarship. Please read through all information on this page, in the Application Guidelines linked below, and on the World Bank’s scholarship homepage first to confirm your application eligibility before applying.
1. Eligibility Requirements
To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship, an applicant must:
- Meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship as determined by Ritsumeikan University and listed on the JJ/WBGSP Application Guidelines below.
- Meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship as established by the World Bank and listed on the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website. *For updated information, please contact the World Bank directly.
2. Scholarship Details
Please refer to the Scholarship Benefits page on the JJ/WBGS Program website.
In order to apply for Ritsumeikan University JJ/WBGSP admissions, you must complete an application to Ritsumeikan University according to the guidelines, using the application forms found below. Please read through the documents carefully before completing your application.
At the same time, in order to apply for a Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program scholarship, you must apply to the World Bank directly. For information, please see the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website.
*Applications for Ritsumeikan admissions and World Bank scholarship are separate. Those interested in applying must complete both.
Ritsumeikan University Application Procedures
- JJ/WBGSP Ritsumeikan University Application Guidelines
- JJ/WBGSP Ritsumeikan University Application Forms - Please fill in forms in electronic format before printing.
Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program Application Procedures
- Refer to the World Bank's JJ/WBGSP website and complete an application using their online system.
4. After Application
Once you have completed an application with Ritsumeikan University, your application will be screened by your graduate school of interest according to the Application Guidelines and an admissions decision will be reached. Results are scheduled to be notified to applicants by post and email on Friday, March 16, 2018, and those successful in Ritsumeikan’s admissions review will receive a Letter of Acceptance. Successful applicants should then follow the instructions of the World Bank and submit a data copy of their Letter of Acceptance to the World Bank via the World Bank’s online application system as soon as possible in order to advance their JJ/WBGSP scholarship application with the World Bank.
After completing application procedures with both Ritsumeikan University and the World Bank:
- Please be sure to respond to any emails sent directly to you from the World Bank in a timely manner.
- If you are selected for scholarship, the World Bank will directly contact you, only. They will not notify Ritsumeikan University of your selection. Therefore, if you receive an email notice of scholarship selection, please forward the message to the Ritsumeikan University BKC International Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the university of your selection for JJ/WBGSP scholarship award.
- If you do not receive any notification from the World Bank by August 1st, please email the Ritsumeikan University BKC International Center at email@example.com and inform the university that you have not been contacted.
Further detailed instructions will be provided individually to applicants once they have contacted the BKC International Center as mentioned above.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Details
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia
- China Scholarship Council
- Special Encouragement Scholarship Admission