The September 2021 Academic Year Matriculation Ceremony will be held in person at the Osaka Ibaraki Campus with strict preventive measures in place against infection. Attendance is limited to new students enrolling this academic year.
We truly regret disappointing family members looking forward to attending this important and momentous event in person, but we sincerely request your cooperation in refraining from entering the campus and ask that you watch the ceremony via live streaming.
Click here for live streaming URL: https://youtu.be/yzP4hnrGFTE
We must also prohibit current students wishing to welcome the new students from entering the campus as a measure to prevent the spread of infection, and ask for your understanding in this regard. The ceremony will be streamed live for new students and their family members who cannot attend the on-campus ceremony. Information about the live streaming page will be provided at a later date. Online participation is also available exclusively for new students. Information about online participation will be sent to students scheduled to matriculate via email (to email addresses registered at the time of application) on or after September 8. Please refer to that.
- We request the understanding and cooperation of those attending in-person with respect to the following points:
- On the day of the ceremony, please check your temperature before coming to campus. If you have a fever of 37.5°C or above, or otherwise do not feel well, please refrain from attending. In addition, your temperature will be checked on arrival at the campus. If you are found to have a fever or other symptoms, you may be asked to watch the ceremony from a different room.
- To avoid the “Three Cs” (i.e., closed spaces, crowded places, close-contact settings) on campus, please refrain from arriving on campus more than one hour before the start time of the event.
- Please be sure to wear a mask at all times, including on your way to and from the ceremony and while on campus. When taking photos, please ensure that you keep your mask on.
- As soon as the event is over, please exit the campus within 30 minutes. Do not stay on campus for an extended period.
- Please refrain from social gatherings and other kinds of meetings that involve eating and drinking before and after the ceremony. We also ask for your cooperation outside the campus as well by refraining from social gatherings at restaurants from the perspective of preventing the spread of infection.
- The risk of infection can be significantly reduced by wearing a mask at all times, social distancing, avoiding the “Three Cs,” and refraining from having gatherings that involve eating and drinking. Please ensure that your actions reflect a mental attitude of “protecting yourself from infection and not infecting others.”
Please note that the abovementioned arrangements are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 infection situation going forward. Changes, if any, will be announced on the website, so please check for the latest information.
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
Venue: Osaka Ibaraki Campus OIC Arena
2-150 Iwakura-cho, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-8570, Japan
Osaka Ibaraki Campus Access Map: http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/file.jsp?id=246773&f=.pdf
Time: 09:30 am Door opens
10:00 am Ceremony starts
10:30 am Ceremony ends
・Please be seated at least 10 minutes before the start of the ceremony. We will open the door 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
・For information about orientation, please refer to the documents sent to you with procedure for admission. (For inquiries, please contact the office of the faculty or graduate school you plan to enter.)
If you are coming to the venue in a wheelchair, or if you would like to request a sign language interpreter, please contact the following address in advance.
Ritsumeikan University, Office of Academic Regulations
Regarding inquiries about the matriculation ceremony in general, please contact the office of Academic Regulations Ritsumeikan University.