- #Life Sciences
- #Information and Communications
Institutes and Centers
- The Institute of Science and Engineering
- Synchrotron Radiation Center
- VLSI Research Center
- Bio Simulation Research Center
- Frontier Research Center for Natural Disaster Mitigation
- The Bio Medical Devices Center
- Research Center for BIWAKO Σ
- Advanced Micro/Nano System Technology Research Center
- Research Center for Drug Discovery and Development Science
- Research Center for Sports and Health Science
- Robotics Research Center
- Research Center for Energy-innovation Materials
- Research Center for Palaeoclimatology
- Research Center of Advanced ICT for Medical and Healthcare
- Center for Systems Vision Science
- Research Center for Biological Resources
- Ecological Technology & Management Research Center for the Energy and Environment Field
The 3rd VLSI center symposium was held at Rohm plaza in Ritsumeikan Biwako-Kusatsu Campus.
On Thursday, January 30, The 3rd VLSI center symposium was held at Rohm plaza in Ritsumeikan Biwako-Kusatsu Campus.
The symposium theme is “Computation technologies for AI (Artificial Intelligence) and its industrial applications”. There were 4 sessions. Firstly, the speaker from Panasonic presented the AI application for automatous driving and smart homes. Next, the speakers from Intel and NVIDIA introduced their GPU and FPGA technologies for AI computation. Lastly, the speaker from Canon Medical Systems presented the AI application for medical use. In each session, a professor presented his current research activities at Ritsumeikan university.
"From Creative Basic Research to Innovative Pharmaceutical Development”
On April 20, Friday, Research Center for Drug Discovery and Development Science hosted a symposium at Biwako-Kusatsu Campus.
Five distinguished professors made their presentation under the theme of “from Creative Basic Research to Innovative Pharmaceutical Development.” They talked about vivid stories where new drugs are created from synthetic basic research. It ended in great success with more than 160 participants.
“Forefront of Cancer Research”
On April 13, Friday, College of Sport and Health Science, and Research Center for Sports and Health Science organized a symposium at Biwako-Kusatsu Campus. It was held under the theme of “Forefront of Cancer Research.”
Dr. Izumi Tabata, professor of College of Sport and Health Science, Ritsumeikan University, made a presentation about “Colon Cancer and Physical Activity, Exercise, and Sports”. Then, Dr. Yusuke Nakamura, professor of the University of Chicago, gave a special presentation about “Precision Medicine.” Many audience listened to the latest research on the development of anticancer drug as well as immunogenomics and immunotherapy.