Regular Courses in Japanese
This Track is Perfect
- Those with a high level of Japanese language proficiency
- Those who want to further their studies in their specialization at a Japanese university
- Those who want to study alongside regular Ritsumeikan University students
This Track is Offered At
- Kinugasa Campus (Kyoto)
- Osaka Ibaraki Campus (Osaka)
- Biwako-Kusatsu Campus (Shiga)
Colleges/ Graduate Schools Offering Courses
|Kinugasa Campus (Kyoto)||Osaka Ibaraki Campus (Osaka)||Biwako-Kusatsu Campus (Shiga)|
- Research guidance is not provided to SKP students.
- 1Course lists are not available for the College/ Graduate School of Science and Engineering. Students that wish to take courses offered by the College/ Graduate School of Science and Engineering will need to go through a screening process that involves
Students in the RCJ track can take both liberal arts and specialized courses in Japanese offered by 16 Ritsumeikan University colleges. Students can take courses in the humanities and social sciences as well as courses in the natural sciences. In addition, depending on the college, students may be able to participate in seminars, laboratory courses, etc., allowing them to deepen their experience studying alongside regular RU students.
|Offered At||Kinugasa Campus (Kyoto)||Osaka Ibaraki Campus (Osaka)||Biwako-Kusatsu Campus (Shiga)|
|Study Period||Half -year (1 semester) or Full -year (2 semesters)|
|Colleges/ Graduate Schools Offering Courses||
|Admission Requirements||Applicants must fulfill either a) or b):
|Other Available Courses||Campus-Specific Courses (CSC)|
|Course lists are not available for the College/ Graduate School of Science and Engineering. Students that wish to take courses offered by the College/ Graduate School of Science and Engineering will need to go through a screening process that involves confirming the content of courses they have already taken at their home university in order to determine if they can take such courses.|
RCJ Track Japanese Courses
|Level||Course||Total Number of Credits|
|Per Course||Per Semester|
|Upper Advanced (Level VII)*
|Listening & Oral Comprehension||1|
|Upper Advanced (Level VIII)*
- Levels VII and VIII were created for the above-mentioned regular degree-seeking international students in Japanese based programs. In addition to the Japanese language courses listed above, Level VII and VIII students can take select regular undergraduate or graduate courses taught in Japanese. (Undergraduate students may only take undergraduate courses, but graduate students may generally take both undergraduate and graduate courses. Depending on the course, approval from the offering college or graduate school may be required. In some cases, students may not receive approval to take such courses.)
Course Lists From Previous Semesters
Below are the RCJ course lists from previous semesters for each campus. Please note that even if a course was offered in the past, it may not be offered during a future academic year.
SKP students can select courses only from the course lists for each track/campus distributed to them at the start of the course registration period.
RCJ Track students may select courses offered in Japanese for regular students that are also offered to SKP students. For some courses, it may be required that students have completed the basic courses for that subject.
Detailed information on these courses can be found using Ritsumeikan’s Online Syllabus tool.
- 01.To search for a course syllabus using the Online Syllabus, click “For Public” to open the search page, then click “English” at the top-right of the page to change the language.
- 02.Copy and paste the course code/ course title from the course list directly into the search field.
Kinugasa Campus (Kyoto)
Osaka Ibaraki Campus (Osaka)
Biwako-Kusatsu Campus (Shiga)
Comment From Participant
The (track) offers…the chance to study other subjects in a regular Japanese course alongside Japanese students (for those in a higher level).
Miyumi Aoki / United States