Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
Host University Recommendation Scholarships
Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)
Application documents and guidelines for September 2023 enrollment are scheduled to be uploaded to this page in early December 2022. Please check this page daily starting from the second week of December in order to catch the update as soon as it is made public.
The following is information from the 2022 enrollment application cycle and should be treated as reference only.
Note: ADB-JSP is available only for those participating in our Master's Program in Economic Development
1. Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program, Applicants must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Have gained admission to an approved post graduate course in any of the participating academic institutions.
- Possess a bachelor's degree or its equivalent including a superior academic record.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
Those ineligible to apply include:
- Staff members of participating academic institutions.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country.
[ Note ]
ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, or research projects.
Please read over the following documents containing important information about the Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship, and procedures to apply for admission at Ritsumeikan University with a chance to be recommended for this scholarship:
- ADB-JSP Scholarship Details (PDF) - An outline of the scholarship terms, and additional notes on eligibility.
- Application Guidelines - Application procedures, eligibility requirements, number of recruited students, screening method, and notification of results.
- ADDITIONAL CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Application Guidelines - Application procedures, eligibility requirements, number of recruited students, screening method, and notification of results.
- ADB-JSP Application Documents - Document checklist and application materials.
- Appendix 5. To USD: Income Conversion Form - Use if your income is in a currency other than USD
- For more information about the Asian Development Bank, please visit their homepage:
- For more information the Master's program in Economic Development, please visit our admissions section: http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/gsec/mped/
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Details
- MEXT Scholarship: Embassy Recommendation
- MEXT Scholarship: University Recommendation
- Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia
- China Scholarship Council
- JICA ABE Initiative and SDGs Global Leaders Course Scholarships
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Scholarships