Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
Host University Recommendation Scholarships
Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-Japan SP)
Application Period: Dec 9, 2016 - Feb 3, 2017.
Note: ADB-JSP is available only for those participating in our Master's Program in Economic Development
1. Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program, Applicants must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Have gained admission to an approved post graduate course in any of the participating academic institutions.
- Possess a bachelor's degree or its equivalent including a superior academic record.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
Those ineligible to apply include:
- Staff members of participating academic institutions.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country.
[ Note ]
ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, or research projects.
Please read over the following documents containing important information about the Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship, and application procedures:
- ADB-JSP Scholarship Details (PDF) - An outline of the scholarship terms, and additional notes on eligibility.
- ADB-JSP Application Guidelines (PDF) - Application procedures, eligibility requirements, number of recruited students, screening method, and notification of results.
- ADB-JSP Application Documents (PDF) - Document checklist and application materials.
- For more information about the Asian Development Bank, please visit their homepage:
- For more information the Master's program in Economic Development, please visit our admissions section: http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/gsec/mped/
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Details
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia
- China Scholarship Council
- Special Encouragement Scholarship Admission