Tuition & Fees
Fee(s) for students enrolled in 2022
|Program||Enrollment||First year||Second year
|JD Program||April||633,800||633,800||1,467,600||See below|
- Spring Semester: April to September / Fall Semester: September to March
- The Admission Fee is only paid in the first year.
- Seperate fees may be charged if a student takes certain courses.
- Changes to Tuition Fees may be propsed when social factors, such as rapid inflation, have a significant impact on the University.
- Fees for each academic year are finalized in the preceding year.
- Students will also be required to pay for Miscellaneous Membership Fees.
Miscellaneous Membership Fees
The University collects fees on behalf of the various groups detailed in the table below. These Membership Fees are collected at the same time as Tuition Fee(s). Fees for 2022 enrollees are scheduled to be announced once available.
First year fees for students enrolled in 2021
Program Enrollment Student Government
of Student Education
GS Major April 3,000 5,000 4,000/Semester
5,000 10,000 31,000 September 3,000 5,000 4,000/Semester 5,000 10,000 27,000 JD Program April 3,000 5,000 4,000/Semester
5,000 10,000 31,000 CRPS Major September 3,000 5,000 4,000/Semester 5,000 10,000 27,000 ISSE Course April 3,000 5,000 - 5,000 10,000 23,000 GLA April 3,000 5,000 - 5,000 10,000 23,000 September 3,000 5,000 - 5,000 10,000 23,000
- Registration Fees for the Student Government Board and Parents Association of Student Education Assistance are only collected in the first year.
- Membership Fees for the Student Government Board and Parents Association of Student Education Assistance can only be paid in one payment.
GS Major JD Program CRPS Major
For April Enrollment
Membership Fees for the Academic Association is collected per semester (4,000 yen per semester), however, annual fee of 8,000 yen is collected when Tuition Fees are paid for both Spring Semester and Fall Semester at once.
For September Enrollment
Membership fees for the Academic Association is collected per semester (4,000 yen per semester), however, annual fee of 8,000 yen is collected if, after enrollment, the student chooses to pay Tuition Fees for 2 semesters (e.g. the second semester; the third semester) at once.
While Studying at AU, students do not have to pay Membership Fee for the Student Government Board and Adademic Association but must pay the Membership Fees for the Parents Association of Student Education Assistance.
While studying at ANU, students do not need to pay the Membership Fees for the Student Government Board but do have to pay the Membership Fees for the Parents Association of Student Education Assistance.
Tuition fees of the Joint Degree Program (JDP) - for the second year and beyond
Tuition Fees and Miscellaneous Fees at American University
Students of this program will be attending American University for 4 semesters from the fall semester of their second year to the spring semester of their fourth year. Students will pay tuition and other fees to American University during this period. The fees below are tuition and other fees for the 2020-2021 academic year at American University. The fees will change at American University every academic year.
School of International Service Tuition Fee
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||Total|
(12-17.5 credit hours)
School of International Service Miscellaneous Fees
(Undergraduate Students Full-Time, per semester)
- For American University tuition fees, 1,684 USD per additional credit is incurred over 18 credit hours (Tuition 2020-2021).
- The above fees are for the 2020-2021 academic year at American University. The tuition and fees are expected to increase 5-7% annually. Therefore, the fees may be more than the price listed in this handbook by the time students study at American University in their second year.
- In addition to the tuition and fees, students who stay at American University’s dormitories will need to spend about 5,048 USD (Double Occupancy) for a dormitory and about 1,588 USD for a meal plan (100 Block Plan) per semester, depending on their dormitories and meal plans. Also, all the fees are subject to change.
Please see this page for more information.