To All Students,
In case you are informed that you have or may have been infected with COVID-19
June 19, 2020
As you will have heard on the news, COVID-19 infections are occurring all over Japan. Infections have been confirmed quite close by. We ask all students to be vigilant in preventing the spread of the disease, but if you happen to become infected with COVID-19 or suspect that you might have it, please call us immediately.
[Ritsumeikan University Contact List (Direct number)]
1. If you are informed that you have or may have been infected with COVID-19
- When you have any of the following severe symptoms: difficulty breathing (dyspnea), extreme fatigue, or high fever.
- If you fall under the category of a person prone to severe symptoms of infection* and you have relatively mild cold symptoms such as a fever or cough.
*Elderly person; person with underlying condition such as diabetes, heart failure, or respiratory disease (e.g. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease); person on dialysis; or person taking an immunosuppressant or anticancer medicine.
- If you do not fall under items 1 and 2 above but have been suffering continuously from relatively mild cold symptoms such as a fever or cough for a few days (Be sure to contact the consultation center if your symptoms have continued for four days or longer. Because symptoms vary between individuals, please contact the consultation center immediately if you feel your symptoms are “strong” or “severe”. The same applies if you have to take a fever reducer or other medicine continuously to alleviate your symptoms).
“Returnee/COVID-19 Close Contact Centers” (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
*Choose your preferred language from ”日本語” in the upper left-hand corner not the “English Site”.
2. Implementing measures to prevent infection
〇Students are asked to renew their efforts to prevent infection with reference to the information below.
- It is very important for each of us to implement the same measures as for colds and seasonal influenza, such as cough etiquette and hand washing. Please take relevant measures against infection.
- If you have cold symptoms, please refrain from going out, and if you have to go out, please wear a mask.
- The common points noticed for cluster infections are that they are held in venues with poor ventilation, people spend time together in a confined space, and there is a high risk that an unspecified number of people will come into contact with each other. Avoid congregating in locations that are poorly ventilated and where people congregate in a concentrated manner.