To All Students and Faculty Members:
Important Information for People Entering or Returning to Japan from China
February 4, 2020
The Ritsumeikan Trust
In line with the increasing number of cases of viral pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus, people returning to or entering Japan from China in particular, where the highest number of people are infected, are asked to take note of the following.
1. People returning to or entering Japan from China
○ If you are suffering from a fever or having any symptoms of respiratory difficulties at the time of your arrival in Japan, please inform the airport quarantine.
○ If you have no particular symptoms at the time of your arrival in Japan, please monitor your health for 2 weeks from your arrival in Japan.
A Health Check Sheet for use in monitoring your health can be downloaded from the Medical Service Center webpage.
○ If you develop symptoms such as a fever (37.5 ℃ or above) or respiratory difficulties, avoid contact with other people, contact and consult with a Health Center in your area, then go to a medical institution promptly after putting on a mask etc. (Please contact the medical institution before going there and inform them that you have recently been to China.)
○ If you have any concerns regarding consultations with a medical institution (regarding this matter) please call the on-campus Medical Service Center (phone number listed below).
Please also inform the Medical Service Center of the results of your consultation.
○ If you are returning to or entering Japan from a country besides China, as mentioned above, it is recommended that you also monitor your health for 2 weeks from your arrival in Japan.
2. Information from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
Please be sure to check for the most current information using sources such as the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) websites.
◆ MHLW website (in Japanese only)
◆ MOFA Overseas Safety website (in Japanese only)
◆MEXT website (in Japanese only)
For inquiries regarding this matter:
Medical Service Center at Kinugasa Campus (Shigakukan, 1F) Tel: 075-465-8232
Medical Service Center at BKC (West Wing, 1F) Tel: 077-561-2635
Medical Service Center at OIC (AS, 1F) Tel: 072-665-2110