Handling of Research Funds During Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, and Nursing Care LeaveDuring maternity leave, childcare leave, and nursing care leave, research funds will be handled as follows under certain conditions, but only if an application has been submitted by the researcher.
・ Allocation of personal research funds and execution of research funds.
・ Application and acceptance of external funds such as KAKENHI and other public research funds, on-campus research funds, consigned/joint research funds, and scholarship donations.
*In principle, work (including research activities) is not conducted during leave.
(1) One exception is work within the scope of voluntary research for maintaining research ability and the research ability required to contribute to a smooth resumption of research activities upon returning to work after being reinstated.
(2) This shall apply only when the Vice President in charge of research grants approval after the application from the researcher on leave has passed through the director at the affiliated organization of the researcher.
(3) The execution of personal research material funds and other research funds shall be handled in accordance with the current rules on fund execution. (We will approve items related to voluntary research conducted at the researcher's home; for example, the purchase of consumables (books, etc.), thesis submission fees, and annual membership fees for academic societies.)
(4) Execution of travel expenses and transportation expenses is not approved. (This is because activities that require execution of travel expenses and transportation expenses via research funds are classified as work.)
(5) Researchers on leave are not allowed to go to the university (research activities on the university campus are not allowed because they violate the purpose of maternity leave, childcare leave, and nursing leave).
Handling of Research Funds During Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, and Nursing Care Leave (Scope of Use) -Japanese Only
Application for Use of Research Funds, etc., During Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, and Nursing Care Leave