China Scholarship Council
Host University Recommendation Scholarships
Chinese Government Graduate Student Overseas Study Program by "The China Scholarship Council"
The application window for 2021 CSC scholarship sponsored enrollment has ended and the following materials and information for the 2021 admission cycle are for reference only. Those interested in applying for enrollment beginning in 2022 should check this homepage regularly from early November 2021 to catch the admissions update when it is posted here.
Application Period: Jan 6 - Feb 3, 2021
The admissions procedures described on this page are for Chinese students who are either:
1) Already graduated, or who are scheduled to graduate from a Master's program at a Chinese university by Sep 25, 2021, who wish to complete a Doctoral degree program at Ritsumeikan University, or;
2) Currently enrolled in a doctoral program in a Chinese university, who wish to complete a year of Doctoral level research at Ritsumeikan University.
Admission and tuition fees will be waived for students admitted to the university by the admissions procedures on this page who are subsequently granted scholarship by the China Scholarship Council (CSC). Students will also receive a scholarship stipend and other benifits from CSC (please inquire with CSC directly for details).
1. How to Apply
Please read through the details of the following guidelines to determine your eligibility, to see which of our graduate schools are accepting, and to learn about the application procedures for your desired study program. Be sure to prepare your application materials according to details found in the guidelines and submit your application so that it arrives by the deadline.
Please also view our Researcher Database to find potential research supervisors
Application Documents (All programs and fields)
*Application Guidelines and Forms for programs taught in Japanese can be found here
2. Additional Information
- Students who are not certain whether they meet the eligibility criteria listed in the application guidelines or need to request an individual review of their eligibility should contact the International Center at BKC before January 8, 2021. Please see the contact information listed in the application guidelines.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a university in China or who have graduated from a university in China may find information on how to obtain their China Higher-education Student Information Online Verification System certificates here.
- For more information about graduate programs we offer in English and Japanese, please see our admissions page: http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/admissions/
- If you have questions about the application process, please contact the International Center at BKC:
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements and Scholarship Details
- MEXT Scholarship: University Recommendation
- MEXT Scholarship: Embassy Recommendation
- Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia
- China Scholarship Council
- JICA ABE Initiative and SDGs Global Leaders Course Scholarships
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Scholarships