- December 3, 2016 1.00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- EPOCH Hall, Biwako-Kusatsu Campus
- Prior registration required. Please note that the registration will be closed when the number of applicants reaches the quota.
Send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information included:
- Affiliation and title
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Research Center for Gastronomic Science, Ritsumeikan University
The 6th Asian Food Study Conference (AFSC) and the 2nd International Symposium by National Museum of Ethnology and Ritsumeikan University will be held at Ritsumeikan University, Biwako-Kusatsu Campus.
Translation in English, Japanese and Chinese will be displayed on the screen for each presentation.
Theme: Exchange and Dynamism of Food Culture in Asia – Past, Present and Future
Opening Speech: Prof. Rongguang Zhao (Zhejiang Gongshang University)
"Substance and Responsibility: Establishment and Pursuits of Asian Food Study Conference"
1:30 p.m. Introductory Remarks：Prof. Toshio Asakura (Director, Research Center for Gastronomic Science, Ritsumeikan University)
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Keynote Speeches:
(1) Dr. Naomichi Ishige (Professor Emeritus, National Museum of Ethnology)
"History of Food Culture Exchange-Cases of Japan"
(2) Prof. Theodore C. Bestor (Director, Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies, Harvard University)
"Food Culture and Globalization: Japanese Cuisine Inside Out"
(3) Mr. Tadao Kikuchi (Chairman, Japan Food Service Association/Chairman & CEO, Royal Holdings Co., Ltd.)
"Towards the Sustainable Growth of Food-Service Industry"