Research Enhancement Mid-term Plan
The University has established the Ritsumeikan University Mid-Term Plan for Research Advancement in accordance with the AY2020 Academy Vision (R2020). Utilizing a series of 5-year plans, the Ritsumeikan University Mid-Term Plan for Research Advancement (AY2006 - AY2010) established in AY2006 was positioned as the 1st Mid-Term Plan for Research Advancement, with the 2nd Ritsumeikan University Mid-Term Plan for Research Advancement (AY2011 - AY2015) established in AY2011. The 3rd Ritsumeikan University Mid-Term Plan for Research Advancement (AY2016 - AY2020) will be implemented beginning in AY2016.
The Research Advancement Concept
- In addition to redirecting the knowledge and findings gleaned from research activities back to education, return research findings to a broad range of society, thereby contributing to human welfare and the progress of society, world peace, and the development of local communities.
- Place an emphasis on foundational research based on each researcher's free and creative intellectual interests and policy-based research prioritized by the University, at times fusing the two together, thereby promoting research that is unique to and characteristic of Ritsumeikan University.
- Increase functions that integrate research and graduate school education, and strive to develop young researchers, etc.
- In addition to promoting the internationalization of research activities and the transmission of research findings both in Japan and overseas, strengthen collaboration with overseas research organizations, etc.
- Promote joint research activities with national and local public institutions, private-sector companies, non-profit organizations, and other organizations.
- In addition to establishing the position of Ritsumeikan University as a university with top-class research capabilities in Japan, aim to be recognized as a university with internationally high-level and unique research sites and research fields.
- Move forward with the establishment of a research environment that bolsters the creation of a culture and research activities in which researchers always aim for the next level of research and approach research enthusiastically.
- Utilize industry-academia-government partnership activities to promote subcontracted/joint research with national and local public institutions and industry and return research findings to a broad range of society, thereby contributing to society.