FAQ image

What do I do if I lose my Residence Card?

Your Residence Card is an important piece of ID and needs to be replaced immediately. Report the loss or theft to the police before going to the immigration bureau to apply for a new card. You will need your passport, two photographs, and depending on the circumstances a Certificate of Theft (tounan todoke) from the police. Please apply for the new card within 14 days of theft or loss and keep you passport with you until the new card is issued.

What do I do if I lose my Student ID Card?

Your Student ID Card is an important piece of ID and needs to be replaced immediately. If you lost it on campus, contact the campus lost and found immediately. If you have lost it elsewhere, report the loss or theft to the police. Apply for a new card at the faculty office of the college where you are registered.

Where is the campus lost and found?

Campus lost and found can be found at Campus Information (Kinugasa Campus: Shitokukan; Biwako-Kusatsu Campus: Core Station; Osaka Ibaraki Campus: AN Office)

Where can I get Enrollment Certificates and other official documents?

Enrollment Certificates, Transcripts, and other official documents can be obtained at the faculty office of your college of enrollment. They can also be printed out at official document machines (Kinugasa Campus: Kenshinkan; Biwako-Kusatsu Campus: Central Arc; Osaka Ibaraki Campus: AS Office) by using your Student ID card and an IC Prepaid Card.

My address/phone number/etc. has changed. What should I do?

Please inform the faculty office of your college of enrollment as well as the International Center, and register your new number in manaba+R.

What do I do if I get into an accident?

1. Get Medical Treatment

If you get hurt, call 119 for an ambulance. Even if you don’t feel a lot of pain at the time of accident, you should consult with a doctor and get treatment right away as you might feel more pain as time passes.

2. Contact the Police and Submit an Accident Report

Call 110 for the police. Make sure you do the following right away.

  • Make sure that you have the name, address, and phone number of the person who was involved in an accident with you.
  • Have the police prepare an accident report. The report is an important document to prove that there was an accident and to decide who is responsible. Without the report, you will not be able to make insurance claims. ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE!

3. Negotiating medical expenses and damages

After you receive medical treatment, you might need to negotiate who is going to pay for the medical expenses and damages incurred.

Can I join student clubs and circles?

Student clubs and circles are an important part of Japanese student life and international students are also welcome to participate. Please be aware, however, that student clubs require a significant amount of time and dedication in order to participate. Circles are easier to join and often require less commitment from their members. Information about individual clubs and circles may be found in the "Circle Collection" pamphlet published by the Student Government Board, available at the Student Office.

How do I apply to use the gym?

All RU students are able to use the workout facilities at each campus. However, registration and a brief training session are required. Please visit the gym directly or contact Office for Athletes and Sports Services (sports kyouka office) at your campus for more information (Kinugasa Campus: Kenshinkan; Biwako Kusatsu Campus: Athlete Gym).

What time is each period?

Period Time
1 9:00 - 10:30
2 10:40 - 12:10
Lunch 12:10 - 13:00
3 13:00 - 14:30
4 14:40 - 16:10
5 16:20 - 17:50
6 18:00 - 19:30
7 19:40 - 21:10

page top